Friday, February 20, 2009

Paying it forward


Last year I was a very pleased recipient of Lisa @ The Tin House's Pay It Forward challenge. I've finally gotten around to reciprocating.

"This is how it goes : it's the Pay It Forward exchange, based on the concept of the movie "Pay It Forward", where acts of kindness are done without expecting anything in return, just passing it on, hoping that the recipients will do the same and pay it forward, like a never ending chain of kindness...

I will make and send a handmade gift for the first 3 Aussie friends who post a comment to this post, requesting to join this exchange, and promising to pay it forward to 3 other persons, etc....

I don't know what my 3 gifts will be, and I can't make them in the next few weeks, but I can promise I will send them within the next 6 months . (I hope!)

What YOU have to do in return then, is pay it forward by making the same announcement and promise on YOUR blog."

So if you're an Aussie reader (sorry to any overseas readers - postage is a killer!) and you'd like to receive a handmade gift from me (bearing in mind that I am a beginner knitter & sewer lol!) and are willing to pay it forward yourself, leave a comment with your email in the form keztol at hotmail dot com so the nasty spambots don't see it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Kez. I would love to join in the 'pay it forward' and will most definatly send a nice surprise on to three other people.

in reality i had a pay it forward moment yesterday where it came back to me. I foster dogs and im always working hard to reunite lost dogs with their owners before the council nabs them (then the owners get big fines). My foster dog and my own dog got out yesterday through a broken fence paling and were nabbed by the council. when i rang up (fearing the worst because we couldnt possible afford to get them out)the ranger recognised my name and said he would waive the fees just this once because he knew i was proactive in getting dogs home and rehomed when needed. So the little kindnesses came back to me. And best of all the foster dog was adopted today by a lovely family!

so count me in!!

Kez said...

Thanks for joining in Danni! Can you send your postal address to my email please so I can get something out to you - when I get it done!