Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Recipe: Mud Cake

This is the mud cake recipe I used (I don't think I've made this one before Bel, so I'm claiming this one in the challenge..) . It's from an old book called Eat GST-free by Sophie Ruggles.

Mud Cake

250g unsalted butter
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup cocoa
pinch of salt

1. Preheat oven to 190 deg C. Grease a large round cake tin well and fully line with greaseproof paper.
2. Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat together well until creamy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla essence to butter mixture and mix together.
4. Sift flour, cocoa and salt into separate bowl, make a well in the middle, pour in butter mixture and beat together until smooth.
5. Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes.

Unfortunately I didn't get a photo, but it's a fudgey type chocolate cake - mmmm!

1 comment:

jugglingpaynes said...

Can you tell I'm drawn to chocolate? :o)
This recipe reminds me of one I have for volcano cupcakes. I wonder if the recipes are the same? This one looks easier, though.

It's nice to meet you. I'm happy to hear you and your sister enjoy my comics! Stop by anytime!

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina