Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Menu Plan "Monday" - 15th Sept 2008


Yeah yeah, I know I'm running late!

Notes on last week's menu:
The matriciana was nice (a bit spicy for me though - I'll go easier on the pepperoni next time!). I wasn't fussed on the texture of the mountain bread in it though. We had shell pasta with it as well which was nicer.

The sausage risotto was edible but I don't think we'll be having it again. It was nothing spectacular.

The burritos were nice - will be making this again. It was a good way to use up left-over meat.

The thai curry was nice - I put a bit of chicken in as well. Pete's opinion - nice for a change..

To use up this week:
* silverbeet & bokchoy in the garden
* roast pork

Menu Plan this week:

Monday - ham & cheese omelettes
Tuesday - pies / sausage rolls (I'm at work so boys have to fend for themselves)
Wednesday - yakitori chicken with steamed bok choy, capsicum & carrot (cook extra for lunches) * New *
Thursday - devilled meatballs from "Destitute Gourmet - stunning food from small change" *New*
Friday - pork burgers using leftover pork
Saturday - T-bone steak & chips
Sunday - roast beef & veges

Only a couple of new recipes this week for Bel's challenge.

For more exciting menu plan ideas, see Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.



Eating from the garden:
* various herbs
* radish
* lettuce
* bok choy
* silverbeet

Planting this week:
* potatoes - I MUST get them in the ground!

See my "Quick Updates" over on the side to see what I've been up to in the garden lately.

No comments: