Saturday, August 18, 2007

Saturday Ramblings

I'm tired and stressed.. (so what else is new?! lol)

We had a dreadful night last night - all 3 of us are coughing our lungs up (sorry, hope no-one was eating lol) so we were all waking each other up through the night. Once I'm awake I keep lying in bed thinking of all of the things that I have to do - my heart races, I can feel my body tense, and my mind won't shut off.

I'm only capable of thinking about things one day at a time - my life consists of ticking things off a list atm, and if it's not on the list, it doesn't happen. I'm even treating Billy's party that way which is sad - rather than the happy event it should be..

10 weeks to go until work & uni are finished.. I've done out a timeline in the task section of Microsoft Outlook of the paid work I have on, which also stretches until the end of Oct. I've blocked November off as R&R - it may not happen but it makes me feel good!

On the upside, the electricity bill came yesterday. We used 42 kWh / day which is more than last qtr ( 36 kWh ), but way down on the same quarter last year (72 kWh - ouch, yeah I know!!). The main change has been in heating. I haven't pulled the heater out at all this year - I've been putting a cuddly blanket over my legs instead when I've been sitting in the loungeroom. I'm only using Billy's heater for maybe 30 mins to take the chill off his room before bed. Other than that there's a little fan heater in the bathroom that's only on when he has a bath, and our IXL-tastic heater lights in the ensuite - I'd hate to see what they use though. The dryer has only been used a couple of times all winter as well. I'm pretty pleased with it for a winter bill - will try to do better next year.


Kin & Lightening have both awarded me the "schmooze" award! I'm not sure I like the name of this one - schmooze implies "sleazy" to me, but the sentiment is good!

This award was created by Danielle at Pink Reviews with the help of Mike at Things by Mike.

The award was created to:

"recognize those people that were exceptionally adept at creating relationships with other bloggers by making an effort to be part of a conversation, as opposed to a monologue".

I duly award it to:

Susan
Lisa

Thanks to you both for the regular comments you leave on my blog!

I taught my last Saturday course for this term today - Getting started on eBay. I had 6 students so not a bad number. After work I did the shopping for Billy's party - tonight I work on my assignment, and tomorrow I'll be cooking for the party.. What a wild life I lead :)

Well, best get to it - the assignment isn't going to write itself unfortunately..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think your electricity bill is great ~ it's HALF the amount of this time last yr :) sorry to read that you're all unwell ~ hopefully you are return to great health ASAP!

Kez said...

thanks Ali!