Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Frugal Subversive Award







Wow, I'm humbled. Susan has nominated me for the Frugal Subversive Award. I'm not sure I deserve it but it sure gives me something to live up to!




The award was started by Rhonda to recognise "bloggers who consistently turn their backs on consumerism to live frugally in a creative and authentic way. These bloggers have made me think in innovative ways about my own life and how I can make a difference making, reusing, and just saying "no" to mindless spending."


I may double-up on nominations as we all seem to be inspired by the same blogs! Just goes to show the wonder of blogs that like-minded people can share their lives.



Firstly I'd like to nominate Sharyn Munro, the "Woman on the Mountain". Sharyn has really turned her back on consurism - she lives alone (apart from the animals) in a remote wildlife mountain refuge. She's written an incredible book (called The Woman on the Mountain) and her blog is a joy to read.



Secondly Busy Woman at A Vision Splendid for her blog on living simply & frugally.



Thirdly Kris at Garden Varieties who shares her garden & her life with us.







If you are given an award and want to take part in this meme, you can in turn select three other bloggers who have inspired you to be a frugal subversive. Passing the rules on with the award will make it easier for everyone to participate. Congratulations on the award. I hope it helps you spread awareness near and far.



MEME RULES



1. When you are tagged, write a post with links to three blogs who have inspired you with their frugal creativity or innovation.

2. In your post, please link back to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme and save the award graphic.

3. Leave a comment or message for the bloggers you’re tagging, so they they know they're received the award.

4. Display the Frugal Subversive Award badge to identify your blog as part of the movement that is turning its back on consumerism at any cost.

2 comments:

A Vision Splendid said...

Thanks Kez for the award.
I am really enjoying your website. Good luck with the decision to homeschool. I am an ex teacher and really see the value of homeschooling, after all, we are the primary educators of our children anyway !

Kez said...

Thanks - when I look at it we've been homeschooling him all along, and I'd always planned to extend the school teaching with our own stuff anyway - so why not just do it all lol.