Thursday, August 23, 2007

"In Praise of Slow"

I reviewed this book earlier in the year - http://kezs-blog.blogspot.com/2007/01/in-praise-of-slow-book-review.html - and part of this came back into my mind tonight as I was trying to hurry Billy's bedtime story because I had "stuff to do". It's well worth a read - discussing things like the Slow Food Movement, alternative medicines, not loading our kids up with activities etc. I'll have to borrow it from the library again and see what I get out of it on a 2nd read.

I finished all of the shopping today for the party - just some stuff I'd left until I went down to Newcastle with time to get it. I had to go down to the chiro - he was very pleased to hear I am cutting down work - he blames my working for my back & neck problems (not surprisingly!!)

Tomorrow we're going up to Mum & Dads to see them - they got home yesterday - it'll be fantastic to see them.

2 comments:

libby said...

Hi Kerrie,

Sounds like a book I need to hunt down. I was pretty stressed out this morning and yelling at the kids. Was feeling very frustrated that they don't pick up after themselves very well.

Libby

Kez said...

If you figure out how to get them to pick up after themselves, share the secret :)

Let me know what you think of the book if you can get hold of it.