Sunday, August 19, 2007

Cup of tea anyone?



There's a funny story behind this teapot. For the last few years, we've had Xmas Day with my BIL's grandparents & family, so participate in the gift-giving as well. Last Xmas, his grandmother gave me this wonderful teapot which I duly admired - except at that time, I didn't drink tea :) I just assumed since she didn't know me that well that she didn't know I didn't drink tea. She rang me a few weeks after Xmas very embarrassed - she had actually bought me something else for Xmas and got my gift and the gift for her next-door neighbour mixed up. She was most apologetic and I assured her it didn't matter, offered to give it back to her if she wanted etc etc but she didn't want it back.

In the last few months I've actually started drinking tea (both black tea and green tea), and have started using the teapot. It's coming in very handy now - thanks Gran :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE it ~ the size, style and design on it :)

Kez said...

It is very cute - it holds about 2-3 cups. It's not very easy to pour though with just the top handle - it wobbles a bit (or I do anyway lol). I like it anyway!

Lis said...

It is very cute :) I love making tes in a pot and I still have to turn it like my mum and my aunties did - three rotations in one direction and then one in the other. Funny little habits :))

Joyce at Salisburys Corner said...

I love the teapot! So funky and kinda retro :)