This continues to be Billy's focus. He has weekly music (singing & trumpet lessons), is heavily involved in drama and has this year started with a Scout media unit (JNN) to learn and take part in producing, filming, audio, and editing short video segments.
- Weekly singing and trumpet class
- As well as weekly drama class, he was backstage crew for Upstage Youth Theatre's Romeo & Juliet production - including taking part in all day bump in (technical set up of lights etc).
- He took part in audition workshop
- Went to the Gloucester Shakespeare Festival and watched "Much Ado about Nothing"
- Participated in a Bell Shakespeare drama workshop
- Is involved with weekly JNN TV Media unit training - filming, editing, audio etc
- Regular visits to Maitland Art Gallery
|Bell Shakespeare Drama workshop|
|JNN Media Crew - editing room|
|Cast & crew of Romeo & Juliet|
- Historical walking tour of Maitland
- Tunnel tour of Fort Scratchley
|Historical walking tour of Maitland|
|Fort Scratchley Tunnel Tour|
- Chinese night at Scouts - ate food, made kite, discussed Chinese culture
- Billy is working through the Maths OnlineYr 6 curriculum
- Some exercises from Targeting Maths Year 6
- Everyday maths - cooking, measuring, budgeting etc
Science & Technology
- Billy watches lots of science videos including the VSauce and Veritasium channel.
- Heavily involved in creating videos including use of programs such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Avid
- Read "Refuge" by Jackie French, "The Road to Gundagai" by Jackie French, "So Much to Tell You" by John Marsden as well as listened to numerous audiobooks.
- Writing short films, plays and stories.
- Participated in the Homeschool Swimming carnival
- Participated in weekly Archery in Term 1
- Did an overnight hike in Brisbane Water National Park
- Took part in Menu planning for hike - discussion on nutrition, hygiene
- Basic First Aid training (emergency DRABC, snake / spider bite treatment, recovery position)
- Italian classes (Term 1)
- Duolingo Italian app
- Citizenship badge
- Knots, bushcraft construction
|Making a Rope bridge|
- Community service
- helped out with crowd control at SteamFest
- Colour Party (flags) at Region AGM
- Working bee at hall
- Masters BBQ fundraiser
- Clean Up Australia day
|Clean up Australia day|
As well as plenty of time spent hanging out with friends and family.