|Demonstration of smoke filling a house - very graphic.|
- Scouts has involved campcraft skills, ropes/knots etc.
- Fire safety night - talk by the Rural Fire Service, and camp cooking.
- Navigation via GPS - they were blindfolded, driven to a location and then in a group had to find their way back to the hall.
- YouTube videos - editing with Adobe Premiere Pro and Sony Vegas.
- Drama classes
- Classes - this term he has been invited up to the Yr 7 & 8 drama class (he's officially only in Yr 5!)
- They are currently studying Romeo and Juliet in his class.
- Crew for 'Charlotte's Web' - he had many roles including lighting, stage door, runner.
- Saw 'Rosenkrantz and Guildernstern Are Dead' at the Sydney Theatre Company.
- Singing lessons & trumpet - he took part in the mid-Year concert his music school puts on (in the music teacher's backyard!).
- Australian History
- Finished reading "A Waltz for Matilda" by Jackie French
- Went to a talk about researching Irish convicts and another about growing up in the area in the 1950s.
- Began receiving the Inside History magazine.
- Read "The Horse who bit a Bushranger" by Jackie French.
- Trip to WA - visit to New Norcia, the Rabbit Proof fence, Albany Whaling station, Rottnest Island, Fremantle Prison & Roundhouse
- Medieval history day with other homeschoolers
- Attended the Maitland Riverlights multicultural festival.
- Made a chinese lantern to float down the river
- Watched national dances and displays such as Indian, Chinese, Aboriginal and Brazilian.
- He continued using the Mathletics curriculum.
- Learnt about prime numbers.
- Real-life use of Maths in cooking, measuring - he made a b'day cake for me from scratch - chose the recipe, shopped for the ingredients, cooked and decorated from scratch (no packet stuff!) with no assistance.
- Longitude and latitude practice - reading and following the GPS.
|The b'day cake he made for me with no assistance!|
Science & Technology
- Java coding
- Improving Photoshop skills
- Visit to natural formations such as caves, rock arches, rare forests, Pinnacles, Wave Rock
- Dolphin watching, dolphin discovery centre / aquarium,
- Read "Tales of Shakespeare - Romeo and Juliet"
- Writing stories
- AFL / AFL training (now finished for the year)
- Watching "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution" series.
As well as plenty of time spent hanging out with friends and family.