Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Belated Menu Plan Monday - 21st July


Notes on last fortnight's menu:
The frittata was nice but it made quite a lot. We only ate half and the rest got wasted as no-one seemed inclined to eat it as was, and I couldn't think of any way to disguise it or use it in something else. (Any ideas?)

I blogged about my success with the plymouth pie, so it's a definite keeper. The thai wraps were quite yummy - I think they'd make a good lunch.

I swapped a few meals around last week. The chicken pie with herby cobbler topping turned into a chicken laksa as I didn't feel like cooking anything 'heavy'. The braised beef with herby dumplings was delicious. The roast chicken carcass made some more stock which then turned into a vegetable soup to go in the freezer for lunches. I ate all of the creamy potato soup this week so I need to make some more of that too.

I also made all of our bread products for the fortnight - quite chuffed with myself about that! I made some normal bread, tortillas, the one hour french bread I've mentioned before, and made up a beer bread to go with the chili con carne (worked beautifully with it!)

To use up this week:
* Bit of Bacon & scrambled egg
* 1 piece of crumbed chicken

Menu Plan this week:

I'm getting a bulk order of beef & pork tomorrow so menu planning is very sketchy until I see what we have there.

Monday - crumbed chicken and chips
Tuesday - some sort of casserole I've pulled out of the freezer - it doesn't have a label!
Wednesday - steak & veges
Thursday - pork?
Friday - fried rice (using bacon, egg and leftover chicken)
Saturday - ? not sure if Pete will be home for tea
Sunday - roast pork & veges

For more exciting menu plan ideas, see Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.



Eating from the garden:
* various herbs
* radish

Planting this week:
* haven't decided yet - have heaps of seeds coming from Diggers this week (yay!)

See my "Quick Updates" over on the side to see what I've been up to in the garden lately.

3 comments:

Jayne said...

That all sounds yummy and healthy :)

The Tin House said...

Kez - the challenges you are undertaking frighten the living scissors out of me! I guess if I applied myself I'd be able to comply, but...but...but, no, I'm really wondering if I could. We'd spend more than $21 a fortnight on milk, let alone anything else. Maybe it's time to buy a cow?
btw: fritata in a jaffle is scrumptious....you can tart it up with tomato sauce or chutney or sweet chilli.
Lisa x

The Tin House said...

p.s the email I sent to your hotmail address the other day was sent back. I've sent you another today.