Monday, July 14, 2008

In the garden



I took advantage of a bit of sunshine this afternoon to get out and take some photos of the garden at the moment.


Radish is growing well. I have it in a container and also in patches in the main bed.

A couple of flowers on some of my strawberry plants.


Some tiny lettuce seedlings.


Overview of the main bed with clumps of radish.


Pansies in a pot - a bit of colour in the garden.


I planted some peas in this pot yesterday.

I *think* this is baby arugula (rocket) but I'm not certain.

Another unknown - possibly beetroot or parsnip. I planted them both at the same time.

The sunflowers Billy planted in 'his garden'.

Broccoli has started forming a head.


One of the hop plants has some leaves on it.

So there you go - a quick tour of the exciting things in the garden today.

3 comments:

Felicity said...

It's so exciting when things start growing! I did a photo tour of my container garden on the weekend - everything is flowering :)

The Tin House said...

your plants look terrific. I think they are baby rocket. Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't wait to do some more gardening. My fruit trees are going well so I think I'm going to try my hand at some veggies soon.