Friday, July 11, 2008

I made pastry!!!


Many moons ago I attempted to make pastry - rather dismally. It just would not do what it was supposed to - I couldn't roll it out without ripping it to shreds, it was soggy and just not good!. I pigeon-holed myself as "not able to make pastry" and haven't tried again.

Until tonight..


Now that I'm quite good at making bread and adept at making pasta, I thought I'd try again with a Destitute Gourmet recipe for Plymouth Pie (basically meat pie).

It rolled out perfectly - I was even able to roll it onto the rolling pin to drape over the pie dish without it ripping anywhere.

It cooked perfectly - not soggy and nicely crispy.

And it tasted divine - light & flaky. (The inside of the pie was yummy too!)


I think I have to say now - "I CAN make pastry!!!!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kez, another one to strike off the list :-)

Jayne said...

Yay! You'll have to share the recipe or can I Google it?
Well done :)

Gill - That British Woman said...

Well done, there is a skill to making pastry, so now you have mastered a new skill. Your meat pie looks good. I am hoping to make a strawberry and rhubard pie tomorrow as its strawberry season over here and I have just cut some more rhubarb from the garden.

Gill from Canada

Anonymous said...

Not only can you make it, you can say you do it very well! WTG!

Blessings:)

Felicity said...

It looks PERFECT!! Well done :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, yum!!!!! That looks so good :) Are you going to share the recipe of the entire pie? I hope so :)

lv,

Joy