Monday, May 26, 2008
Menu Plan Monday - 26th May
Review of Last week's menu -
* The Swiss Steak was nice - Master 5 didn't like it because it had "sauce" all over it - he's not a sauce or gravy fan lol
* Pork Stir Fry was a bit bland to be honest. Don't think I'll bother with this one again.
* Continental Frankfurt bake - this was the surprise of the week - DH liked it! Again Master 5 wasn't fussed because it had sauce! It would also work really well with the spicy sausages that our butcher makes. I served it with this One Hour French Bread recipe I found on another blog - very delish!!
To use up this week:
Menu Plan this week:
(Quite unimaginative this week - trying not to buy meat until next week).
Monday - Eggs of some description - omelette / scrambled eggs
Tuesday - BBQ blade steak & veges
Wednesday - Fish & chips
Thursday - Vietnamese Pork Stirfry and rice (from Mealopedia)
Friday - Swiss Steak (from freezer) & couscous
Saturday/Sunday - don't need to plan for
For more menu plan ideas, see Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.
Eating from the garden:
* may get a couple of more leaves of spinach
* a little bit of lettuce
Seedlings underway (on the windowsill):
Stuff growing in the garden:
* Snow Peas
* Peas (greenfeast)
* Roma tomatoes
Planting this week:
* Not planting anything but just ordered a heap of stuff from Diggers so will be doing some planning & prep work