Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Menu Plan Monday - 20th May
I really shouldn't go out on Mondays - it throws my whole week out! So here we are, a little late!
Review of Last week's menu -
* The bubble and squeak were quite nice. I liked them, I don't think Pete was as impressed but I'll keep making them occasionally anyway.
* Nasi goreng - very yummy, although not really that different from fried rice apart from the plum sauce. Added to the recipe book.
* Steak pie - turned into shepherd's pie. The steak was very tender from being cooked in the slow cooker - I thought it was very yummy. Once again, Pete not a huge fan of shepherd's pie but will eat it if I don't cook it too often!
To use up this week:
Menu Plan this week:
Monday - ended up having fried chicken & chips (homemade). Not very healthy but quick & fairly easy.
Tuesday - Swiss Steak in slow cooker & mashed potato & vege - recipe stolen unashamedly from Lis at Altered Cutlery
Wednesday - Pork Stir Fry - add Pak choy & cashews, serve with rice
Thursday - Continental frankfurt bake - not sure how this will go over but what the hey, I have frankfurts in the freezer to use up!
Friday - Thai chicken curry & rice
Saturday - blade steak & veges
Sunday - baked dinner - pork, potato, veges
For more menu plan ideas, see Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.
Eating from the garden:
* spinach - just about finished
* pakchoy - something has been eating my leaves but hopefully I can scavenge enough for us!
Seedlings underway (on the windowsill):
Planting this week: (didn't get to it last week - still waiting for the worms to move out of one bin into the other so I can use the compost!)
* More peas / snow peas