Sunday, November 13, 2011

A day in my life - 13th Nov

It's been a pretty laid-back, relaxing day today.  Just what I needed.

I was woken at 6:30 by Billy chatting via Skype to a gaming friend from England.  Yawn..  I find it almost impossible to go back to sleep once I'm awake, so I got up, fed the cat, and made myself a cup of tea in the hope it would wake my brain up too :)



I drank it while checking emails, Facebook, forums, blogs and doing a few online surveys (I do these for a bit of extra money - I can usually get a couple of hundred dollars over 12 months.  Its not a great hourly rate but I'm on the computer anyway and sometimes they're fun).

I'm feeling pretty sore today - after 4 weeks without any exercise, I refound my motivation this week.  Eased into it with 15 minutes on the Wii on Monday, did the BodyBalance class on Friday (first time in 4 weeks) and then Defendo on Saturday (first time in 5 weeks).  Arms and abs are reminding me that they exist today :)

Breakfast time - I made myself a poached egg on toast. Its my favourite comfort food!

Did my monthly maintenance of the RWA email accounts - part of my duties as webmistress is to go through them each month and clear out any that are getting full.  The hosting doesn't seem to have any nice reporting to make this easier, so I have to go through each of the 70+ addresses individually to check!  It's a bit time-consuming but better than having the addresses bounce if the mailbox is full.



Flicked through the local free paper (nothing startling), and junk mail (looking for Xmas ideas - didn't find any).  Unpacked the dishwasher, and then washed the remaining dishes by hand.

Still waiting for hubby to get out of bed so I could have a shower, so I curled up on the lounge to read a book.  Read for a while, then got up to cut up some fruit for Billy & I for morning tea.  Went back to my book.  Its an interesting read - the story line is quite enjoyable, although some of the writing style isn't to my taste.



Eventually had a shower, then got us all some lunch.  We all watched an episode of "Chuck" while we ate (Chuck vs the Sandworm).  Billy then invited a neighbourhood friend over to play while Pete & I watched a series of the Australian black comedy TV show "Laid".

I was sorely in need of something to wake me up, so I succumbed to a mini can of coke.



I made chicken schnitzel for tea (from scratch),


which we ate while watching Disc 1 of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.  Billy had read The Hobbit a few years ago with Pete, but this is the first time we've attempted The Lord of the Rings with him.




And since most of my photos today seem to be of food, I bring you something just as yummy - a gratuitous Viggo Mortensen photo...  :)  *sigh*



Ran Billy's bath, got him to bed then Pete & I watched an episode of Torchwood.  So why not throw in a gratuitous photo of "Captain Jack Harkness" as well :)



My bum is about to wear a groove in the lounge and my eyes are square from so much TV watching, so that will have to do me for tonight!

Hope everyone else had a good day :)

5 comments:

Tania said...

Sounds like my kind of day Kez! I had a restful one today too. After a busy week it was nice to just sit...

Suji said...

LOL, I can see why you thought I'd enjoy the photos. You know me too well! :D

Mel said...

everyone loves captain Jack... and he seems to love everyone right back ;)

Mel

Kez said...

lol Mel, that he does :)

Libby said...

Thanks for sharing your day.