Sunday, June 20, 2010

Just going for it...

Remember over 12 months ago when I wrote this?   I wrote for a week or so before the fear of failure & inadequacy raised its ugly head and I stopped. 

Well for the last month or so, I've been reading all sorts of books about writing.  I've resurrected my story and have decided to heed the advice of all the books - and just write!!!!  I've started plotting it out this time before I start writing.

I have about 4 months before my 40th b'day.  I want to have it written by then - no matter how bad it is and how much work it will need afterwards!!

5 comments:

Kylie said...

Go for it Kez and just enjoy the journey. :)

belinda said...

Best Wishes,

We all have something to say.. it's just finding the confidence and motivation to say it.

Kind Regards
Belinda

Butterfly said...

That's great news Kerrie!

My best fellow-writer advice would be protect your baby ... like a seedling or egg, ideas need to be sheltered while they take root and start to grow. Too many of my book ideas have been killed by other people's doubts, or my tendency to get lost in the details (I spent longer plotting than writing!) Reading 'how-to' books is another very inspiring time waster which I love!!

Whatever works for you, good luck!
:) V

mum+dad=akira and linkin and elijah said...

Inspirational!!
One day when my mind and hands are less full of baby I would love to indulge my inner author.

Best of luck.

jugglingpaynes said...

One of the best bits of advice I received was to allow my inner writer time with my story by promising my inner editor she will have her turn when I'm done. ;o)

Take it in pieces. It will get done. If I had told myself four years ago that I intended to keep up with my comic strip for years, I would have frozen up immediately, wondering how I would find the time for it. Now I have almost 500 comic strips written, but I only ever wrote three at a time. Amazing how it all adds up!

As Kylie said, enjoy the journey and look to your friends for encouragement and support!

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina