Monday, October 13, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - 13th October


Notes on last week's menu:

I proved with the Plymouth Pie that last time wasn't a fluke - it really is yummy! A few minor changes to the menu as we went but nothing worth noting. Also made a mulberry & apple crumble which went over very well.

To use up this week:
* silverbeet & bokchoy in the garden
* beetroot
* roast pork

Menu Plan this week:

Monday - Pete away - leftovers & chips
Tuesday - Pete away - leftovers or pasta
Wednesday - Pete away - leftovers or pasta
Thursday - roast pork rolls & salad
Friday - grilled fish & salad
Saturday - pork ribs & chips
Sunday - roast beef dinner

For more exciting menu plan ideas, see Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.



Eating from the garden:
* lettuce
* bok choy
* silverbeet

Planting this week:
* haven't had a chance to do anything

See my "Quick Updates" over on the side to see what I've been up to in the garden lately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm de-lurking to ask a perfectly dumb question. I apologize in advance - it's early, and I haven't had my morning coffee.

I've been reading your blog for a long time (love it!) and I really enjoy the menu planning.

One thing I've noticed, though, is that you've been working on your silverbeet and bokchoy for, like two months. Did you plant that much on purpose, or are you having an especially good crop? Or are those items just a little more difficult to work into a regular meal plan?

Kez said...

Hi Chelly,

I'm glad you enjoy my blog!

A bit of both really - I did plant a lot, and we only eat maybe 5 or 6 leaves at a time, a couple of times / week. So I just keep picking leaves off the outside and it keeps coming back like the magic pudding!