Monday, May 05, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - 5th May


Review of Last week's menu - The Honey mustard pork kebabs & the balsamic steak were both very yummy - they've been added to the recipe book. I couldn't be bothered making the tortillas for Wednesday night's tea, so I ended up crumbing the steak and serving it with mashed potato and gravy - mmm, comfort food!. Friday night I was completely exhausted after a day out walking around, so once we picked Pete up from the train station, I suggested Thai for tea - we ended up eating in. Expensive but very yummy, and we don't do it very often at all. So the steak for Friday night ended up as Saturday night's tea - I did the pork roast last night.

This week -

Monday - baked ham & cheese quesadillas (happy Cinco de Mayo!)
Tuesday - Pork burgers with leftover pork roast & salad (from www.lovefoodhatewaste.com)
Wednesday - Apricot Chicken in Slow cooker & rice
Thursday - Steak with caramelised onion, & steamed veges
Friday - Panfried fish, mashed potato & veges
Saturday - Pork chops & veges
Sunday - Mother's Day so will probably be out & about visiting.

For more menu plan ideas, see Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.




It seems logical to add in what's in the garden in this post so I've edited to add.

Currently the only things we're eating out of the garden are spinach and basil.

Last week I planted out the seedlings that I was growing on the window sill - so far so good, even though the few days after I planted them out we had extreme heat for this time of year, followed by extreme winds! Hopefully in a few weeks we'll be eating pak choy, lettuce, silverbeet, followed by cauliflower and broccoli. The snow peas & peas are starting to grow in the back garden as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to the lovefoodhatewaste site. I tend to throw away more food than I'd like to admit and it really upsets me.

Good luck with your baked Quesadillas!

Katrina said...

It's fun watching things grow and then getting to eat them. I have been exited about picking my first ever cauliflower and watching the radishes start to grow (must get rest seeds into ground)