Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Little Gems short story competition - results

Well, the results are in and unfortunately I wasn't one of the top 16 who were chosen to go in the anthology.  Congrats to all those who did though, esp my friends Jenn & Louise. 

I was fairly pleased with how I went though.  All entries were judged by 3 volunteer judges - I received 100% from 1 judge (who was a published author and contest winner, so stoked about that!), but 'only' received 82% from the other 2 judges, to give me an overall score of 88%.  I was in the top half of the 82 entries (no 34). 

A couple of the comments have left me a bit bemused, but others have been quite valuable.  Its given me a push to start writing again.  I haven't written since January - I'm blaming being busy but when I do have time I seem to procrastinate...

Anyway, not bad for my first competition!

4 comments:

Butterfly said...

Good one Kez, that's a great result! I'd rather see your work in the book, maybe next time. Congratulations to you and all who actually worked hard enough to enter the competition!

Libby said...

Well done, I think that's a great effort for your first comp. Writing is such a personal thing. What one person will love the next person will hate. I think you just need to be true to yourself but keep learning and trying new things.

Korina said...

Woo hoo, that is amazing. Congratulations.
:-)

jugglingpaynes said...

That is still wonderful that you finished in the top half. Congratulations!

Thank you for your comment. It helps a lot to know others understand what I go through. Must try to remember to take care of ourselves, right? :o)

Keep writing!
Peace and Laughter,
Cristina