Friday, July 20, 2007

Macca's party..

Billy had a McDonald's party tonight for a class-mate at preschool. I was caught at a weak moment when I agreed he could go... :) I have to say - if nothing else, a McDonald's party gives me a new appreciation for how well-behaved and well-mannered my child is lol.

So we'll be scraping him off the ceilings as he bounces around for the next few days. I was quite appalled by the number of kids who ordered coke with their meal (these are 5 year old kids!) and quite proud of Billy who asked for water.

Yet another point in favour of home-schooling??!

2 comments:

Lis said...

I too would be scraping my son off the ceiling, or we would be on an emotional roller coaster for up to a week. If we avoid all the "numbers" he is fine and a gret kid. For the times he is off the planet I give him a caltrate (calcium) table, ground up in some liquid. It is one of the failsafe rememdies that works to help calm them at least for a few hours :)

Kez said...

Suprisingly he hasn't been too bad - a couple of meltdowns, but not full-on. I really must buy some more caltrate tablets - I usually chuck him in a bath with bicarb :)