Friday, November 23, 2007

Ugh! I hate hemming!

In fact I hate sewing full stop, but being 5 ft 1, I seem to have to take up a lot of hems lol. I've just been sitting here trying to take up a pair of black pants under not great light - I've got one leg done and my eyes are just about crossing, so will do the other one tomorrow morning. They're to wear to my cousin's wedding tomorrow afternoon!

I had a big "splurge" yesterday at the op-shop - a pair of jeans, a pair of trousers, a pair of shorts, and 2 blouses - for the grand total of $27. I hate clothes shopping with a passion, so this was a big spend up for me!

Today I went to see a lady about becoming a Total Learning consultant - they sell educational books like DK. I'm going to do it, there's no minimum sell, you don't have to have parties etc, so I'll just be handing catalogues around to friends & family. Of course, the more you sell, the better the % you receive, but I'm happy just using it to bring in a bit of extra money and buy some great books at discounted rates with no pressure. I just need to send the form away, so if anyone wants any books you can order through me in a couple of weeks lol. I'm a bit like a kid in a candy shop though - how will I stop myself buying all of the books!!

Hmm, I'm sure I had something else I wanted to add, but my brain has shut down so I can't remember what it was!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Hi Kez, sounds like some great bargains at the op shop. The ones near us are not very good, although I must say I haven't been for some time, maybe it is time for another look. Hope all goes well with the books, I am a rep here, I sell educational books (some DK) to school libraries, I love it! Good luck.

The Tin House said...

Kez...I'm 6 foot in bare feet....I'm stuck with ankle freezers forever! Have you tried iron on hemming tape. It rocks.

emma.jean said...

LOL Kez, I'm a shortie too but I can't sew, wish more shops had 'short lengths' available. I detest shopping for clothes though too. I've tried the hemming tape but it never lasted very long for me...

The Total Learning thing sounds good, but far too dangerous for me - would cost me more than I'd make!

Anonymous said...

I hear you about hemming clothes lol. Being virtically challenged most pants I buy are far too long !