Thursday, November 01, 2007

Picture Me Meme



I've been tagged by Lisa at The Tin House and Lis at Altered Cutlery to take part in the picture-me Meme. (I think that was all - sorry if I forgot anyone!) This was started by Kate at Our Red House:


"The rules are simple: post a picture of yourself on your blog. As some may feel uncomfortable posting a current photo, a baby or childhood picture is fine. Post the picture, tell us the story behind it, copy the logo, and tag three others (without forgetting to tell them that they have been tagged!)"



This photo was taken 3 or 4 days after Billy was born. The local paper used to send a photographer around to the hospitals to take photos of the new mums & bubs, and it then appeared in the weekly paper (I'm not sure if they do it anymore or not). Just before the photographer arrived, the "baby blues" hit me and I was a complete blubbering mess! The nurse ended up telling the photographer to come back later :) So my smile isn't quite as genuine as it could be - along with the fact that I hate getting my photo taken!

That done, I tag:

Emma at Em's Blog

Libby at Life is a Journey not a Destination

Mrs P at GoLightly Place

4 comments:

The Tin House said...

Kez - I love the way your story explains the moment in time captured by the photo. They still take photos for our local paper and I've been glad to be in it 3 times. I think back with a big smile at the 3 day baby blues I had with my first. I was watching test cricket and Glenn McGrath got hit for a 6 and I started bawling. In between the sobs I was laughing at just how ludicrous it was. Lisa x

Unknown said...

I remember having one of those photos taken and I remember the baby blues ~ thanks for sharing your photo & story :)

lightening said...

I think you look great in the photo! You should have seen what I looked like 3 or 4 days after I'd had a baby. LOL. I always look like I'm on drugs (from being tired).

Had to laugh at "cute". I used to use that word ALL the time too.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing that photo. Those post baby blues can be so awful. You were brave to agree to the photo at all.

Kate