Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Balancing the books

A very quick update before I fall asleep! I forced myself to sit down and get my bank account balanced today (I use M/S Money) - I haven't done it in about 2 months :( I'm usually religious in keeping it up-to-date but having the tax money go in there gave me a very healthy buffer, and I got slack about doing it. It meant Billy ran riot while I was concentrating on that (or at least that's how the house looks!) but it's done! I also redid my budget to reflect the change in lifestyle - no more preschool (in 3 weeks) and me really not working. My challenge now is to start logging all expenses again. I did it for years and then got out of the habit - it's been very difficult to start again.

We're about to get a storm here - I just lost my wireless network connection when the power flickered, so I'm off to give it a reboot, hopefully post this and go to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no you said the "B" word ! Lol. In all seriousness though (personally)I probably havent recorded any of my expenses for the business properly - even the idiots guide is a challenge for me. I'm hoping to go to a very forgiving accountant at the end of the financial year. I hope you didnt have too much of the house to clean up - I completely understand.