I just got a call from the vet as I was just about to hit Publish on that last post, so apologies if it doesn't make sense. I didn't have time to proof-read.
He just ran a test for Feline Leukemia and it came back positive. He'll see how she goes through the night, but the kindest thing might be to make the decision to put her down tomorrow. She may have months but I can't imagine it would be a great quality of life for her.
I just spent 10 minutes sobbing after I hung up, composed myself, cried again when I told Pete and Billy, and am having real trouble typing this with more tears streaming down my face..