Friday, October 12, 2007

Update on the cat

I just got a call from the vet as I was just about to hit Publish on that last post, so apologies if it doesn't make sense. I didn't have time to proof-read.

He just ran a test for Feline Leukemia and it came back positive. He'll see how she goes through the night, but the kindest thing might be to make the decision to put her down tomorrow. She may have months but I can't imagine it would be a great quality of life for her.

I just spent 10 minutes sobbing after I hung up, composed myself, cried again when I told Pete and Billy, and am having real trouble typing this with more tears streaming down my face..

9 comments:

Lis said...

aww...poor you -hugs- have had to go through a similar experience myself a few years ago. never an easy decision but for me it was all about quality of life.
Take care of you.

Anonymous said...

(((HUGS))) Kez, I really feel for you!

Anonymous said...

Kerrie, I'm sorry to hear about your cat. It's not nice when you have to make a decision like this.

lightening said...

Oh huge ((((HUGS))) Kez. That's really tough. Wish there was more I could say to make it better. :-(

Jill said...

Oh Kez, you poor thing, we get so attached to our pets. Just keep reminding yourself that your cat has, I am sure, had a wonderful life, full of lots of love and fabulours care. Keep your chin up.

Unknown said...

I am sorry to read about your cat {{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

Oh KEZ!!!!!

The decision has probably been made by now. Just want to send you huge hugs and condolences.

Pity we can't be so kind to our human friends who are suffering.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Kerrie, big hugs to you and your family.

A Vision Splendid said...

Oh Kez !
Lots of (((``HUGS``))))heading your way !