Wednesday, April 02, 2008

General Round-up

A few little things to update on.

Garden: Well, I successfully killed my seedlings :( They died a few weeks away when we got that hot weather (not quite as hot as Adelaide but I couldn't keep the moisture up to them). Since then I have successfully grown some herbs in a pot on my windowsill, so I'm starting again and seeing if the seeds will grow there too. I've just planted some more lettuce seeds, pak choy (since it doesn't seem to get started by direct sowing), silverbeet, cauliflower & broccoli.

Hopefully I'll be able to update in a week or so with good news!


In better news, I picked a 2nd watermelon today (another 6 kg one) and it was ripe! Yay! And yummy. I used my FIL's recommended technique of telling ripeness by pressing on it - if you hear it crack inside, then it's ripe. It was even more pleasing to be able to give half away to family - I love blessing others with home grown produce.


Work: I have 2 new projects for this month, a couple of old ones that I'm finishing off and a small handful that are on my list but stalled waiting for the client to be ready. That's enough to keep me going this month. I just wish clients would pay in a more timely manner - I'm owed over $5000 from various sources. Most of that is owed by 2 clients :( It certainly doesn't help with cash flow..


Me: I've decided to start walking of an afternoon once Pete gets home from work - by myself. It will give me some exercise *and* some time to myself. Now to actually get started! I was going to go yesterday but we got home late. I can't go tonight because Pete has squash. I *may* be able to go on Thursday depending on when we get home.

I've started writing and am currently caught up in researching the setting. Some of the things I'm discovering are absolutely fascinating!

3 comments:

libby said...

Hi Kerrie,

Glad this watermelon worked out for you. You're off to a great start with the walking - LOL!! Sounds like it will be great though if you can get it work for you. I need to do my exercise in the morning or it doesn't get done.
Glad you've started your book and that you're enjoying the research - I must say I enjoyed that aspect when I was writing.

Libby

Minni Mum said...

Yum, that's a sensational looking watermelon! The kids were looking over my shoulder and are now shouting "we want watermelon"! Pity I don't have any... Can I swing by your place ;-)

Kez said...

lol - sure Julie, come on by!

Thanks Libby - I didn't go walking by myself today either, we had a bushwalk with the homeschooler's group and I am STUFFED!!