Friday, April 04, 2008

Bush walk - The Pines, Watagan State Forest

Some photos from our homeschool bush walk yesterday at The Pines, in the Watagan State Forest. About 7 families came - I'd only met one of them before so lots of new faces to meet. Once we all eventually found the place, we had a short bush walk and saw some lovely baby waterfalls. I'm a sucker for creeks & waterfalls - I find them so restful.





We didn't see a lot of wildlife - with about a dozen kids tramping through the bush it wasn't really surprising! We did see these Crimson Rosellas just before we left though.


Our picnic lunch was followed by toasted marshmallows and a chance to play with fire :)



Finished with a couple of ball games for the younger ones and lots of free play.


It was a lovely day. Mr Collector filled a bag with pine cones so we'll be adding some to the nature shelf, and I'm sure the rest will be used in craft or something!

3 comments:

The Tin House said...

Kez, we too have a bookshelf full of pine cones, acorns and various strangely shaped rocks and pieces of wood - all very precious. Just in case you have a wood heater at your place - pine cones are brilliant kindling. Lisa x

Laurie said...

Beautiful pictures!! I'm so jealous for Autumn as we're into Spring now. I'll have to keep stopping by for more 'jeans and jackets' pictures...mmm...and roasted marshmallows... ahhh....

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for adding this to my challenge!

It's been fun sharing it with my kids, who have said things like, "Hey, Australian trees look a lot like trees over here!" :)

I'm hoping to go on a waterfall hike this weekend. I'll see if our waterfalls look like Australian ones!