Sunday, September 19, 2010

Our week of learning - 19th Sept - bits and pieces



English:


Current Readaloud: "Grim Ghost (Roman Tales)" by Terry Deary

Audio books:  Not sure what he's been listening to


Independent Reading: -  "Selby Snowbound" by Duncan Ball

Other: He wrote a letter to a friend.

Maths: He spent time using Timez Attack.

Science & Technology: A couple of b'day presents were played with - we finished putting together a solar car, he set up and played with some nanobugs. 



He achieved his IT badge for cubs.

He learnt how to do more using RPG Game Maker XP and extended his game.  He watched several episodes of Lab Rats.

HSIE (Human Society and it's environment): We watched several episodes of My Place together and had discussions about the issues raised - including the Vietnam War, Depression and boat people.

Creative & Practical Arts: Drama and "Wind in the Willows" rehearsal.

PDHPE (Personal Development, Health & Physical Education): Martial arts.

Life skills (cooking, gardening, housekeeping): Caring for the garden that we planted a couple of weeks ago.



Other fun stuff:

7 comments:

karisma said...

Love the garden. Its coming along very nicely! :-)

Melissa said...

Sorry to hear about the hard time you and your family have been having :(
I see you are watching 'My Place'. I have a link somewhere to some lesson plan type thingys if you are interested. No worries if you're not, it's interesting enough without anything extra.
Take care.

Kez said...

That sounds interesting Melissa - if you have it handy!

Melissa said...

http://www.walkerbooks.com.au/statics/dyn/1218001059961/My-Place-Classroom-Ideas.pdf

This one has ideas for the book.

Melissa said...

And for the TV series.

http://www.myplace.edu.au/teaching_activities/teaching_activities_landing.html

Haven't used them myself, as snowy is a bit too young for the activities, but both sites looked interesting when I was researching them a while back.

Unknown said...

The car looks like so much fun. I want to do one of those.


You might remember me from my old blog..Toes in the Sand. :)

Kez said...

Thanks for the links, Melissa!

Hi Joi, yes I remember you!