Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Day in Our Life - Nov 15th

There's a lack of photos in this month's Day in our Life - because I didn't remember until too late that it was the 15th!

Pete & I went down to Sydney over the weekend to watch Taming of the Shrew at the Sydney Opera House. We stayed at the Lane Cover River caravan park which really is a great place to stay.



So on to today - I woke up about 6:30 to the normal caravan park sounds - kids running around, people talking etc. Pete was still asleep, so I lay there & dozed on and off until 7:30 when I got up, wandered off to the toilet blocks and had a quick shower. The showers are some of the best I've seen in a caravan park - newly renovated and with full length shower screens! And lovely hot water.

Back to the van for breakfast of toast & a cup of tea and read some of my book (Bill Bryson's "A short history of nearly everything") while Pete went for a shower. We tidied everything away, packed up the van and hitched up. We were on the road by 9am.

Traffic wasn't too heavy, and we got to my mum & dad's place about 10:30. Billy had stayed with them (and my sister & nieces) for the weekend. We spent time with them and stayed for lunch. Billy was busy playing with his cousin, and then they cooked pita bread pizzas for lunch.

We left their house about 1:30 and drove home. Then came the fun of unpacking, washing, ironing etc - all that fun that comes after a trip away :) I gave the vege garden a good soak once it cooled down a bit - I seem to have lost all bar one cucumber seedling, but the tomato seedlings survived due to my impromptu shade covering. (I draped an old block out curtain over the top, held up by a couple of bits of reo).

I also caught up on some emails and blog posts - gee they build up while you're not online!

Billy helped me make chicken schnitzels, and we had those and chips for tea, and then all played on our respective computers :) Finally got Billy to bed about 9pm - he was pretty hyped tonight.

I've been spending time writing this blog post - our school wrap up will have to wait for tomorrow because it's now 9:30pm and I'm tired..

3 comments:

Five Bears A-Blogging said...

Afternoon "tea". Now, there's an idea. I've been trying to figure out how to "formalize" T-Bear's afternoon snack. Maybe having a sit-down tea each day will do the trick. Thanks, Kez! - Mo

libby said...

Sounds like a lovely day - even without the photos :-). Kevin & I area headed on a 10 day cruise on Sat. without the kids - so looking forward to time together. I think it's esp. important for you and Pete with doing the homeschooling.

Libby

Butterfly said...

I stayed once at Lane Cove river park, and we're planning to go there again with the kids next year, while we explore Sydney. I'm glad to hear it's still lovely!