Sunday, September 13, 2009

Joey's Fun Day

Today was our region's Joey's Fun Day - about 200 Joeys (youngest level of Boy Scouts) gathered at a park in Newcastle for a day of activities with a 'Lost in Space' theme. Boy did they have some fun!

Among other things, they did some space themed craft like making rockets & meteors



fired air powered 'rockets'


ran an obstacle course 5 or 6 times!



walked across the rope bridge


made some alien face biscuits


went on the flying fox


and played various 'space themed' games.



I was exhausted - and I was just walking around helping out!! As you can imagine, the boy had a great day!!

5 comments:

Caz said...

Looks like great fun!

Wendy said...

What a cool theme. It looks like a fabulous day. I may have to snag some of these ideas...

Anonymous said...

Looks like he had a great time. :-)

Anonymous said...

I showed this post to my 9yo son who is in Cub Scouts in the USA. They do activities like the Joey's. Very cool!

Kez said...

Wit and Whimsy - do the cub scouts in the USA have a younger level like we do? Joeys are 6-8yo, then I think cubs are 7-10yp. I'd be interested in knowing what other countries have and what they call them! (A Joey is a baby kangaroo)