Monday, October 27, 2008

In the garden

A few recent changes to the garden:


Pete & a mate put up a trellis for the hops - they are straight, it's just that we're on a hill :)



So the hops have now been transplanted to their new home and hopefully they'll like it.


The 'tater patch is looking good and has had a serious mulch.

Much of the vege garden has gone or is going to seed, apart from some tomato plants that have fruited - I'm stuck in a bit of a dilemma at the moment though. We're going away for 3 weeks - I don't really want to start too much now and leave it for someone else to have to look after, but on the other hand I don't want to miss the planting boat... Hmmm...

3 comments:

Debra said...

I love your garden and all the things you reap from it! I don't know if I have ever left a comment on your blog but it is wonderful. :) My sister lives and works in Sydney about 4 months out of every year and we have visited the Hunter Valley when we were visiting her. It is a lovely place. You are lucky to live there.
Debra

Kez said...

Thanks Debra! I love the Hunter too - it's a fantastic place to live :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday for a few days ago. You got some great gifts. Thanks for showing your garden update.