Friday, September 23, 2011

Exploring our local area: Clarencetown

About 30 mins away from us is the little town of Clarencetown.  Its not really somewhere we've been to much, but we headed off there today when one of the homeschool mums organised an excursion.

After meeting in a carpark, we headed off to visit The Goat Soap Lady.

She showed us her soaps and explained how she made them - I treated myself by buying some soaps and lotion.

We also got to feel the angora wool.

Christine (the Goat Soap Lady) was generous enough to make the kids some vanilla slice (using goats milk) and gave us all a taste of fresh, cold goats milk.

And we got to pat and feed the goats.

After that, we headed back down to a park on the Williams River for an enjoyable few hours...

Time to eat and chat..
Time to climb trees and make forts..
Time to swim and paddle..

We were planning on heading out for a bush walk after the picnic, but it was a warm day, and everyone was far too content doing what they were doing.  There's always next time!


4 comments:

Dove's Rest said...

I'm so glad you got some pictures today. I didn't have my camera, so thanks. I think everyone had a nice day.
Warmest wishes, Renelle

Libby said...

How fun. Sounds like a perfect day out to me....and this was school :-).

Amy said...

Sounds like an awesome day! I love goats milk, both to drink and in soap form.:-)

Kez said...

Yeah I know Libby - its a tough life :)