Like Libby said in her comment, our blogs are often quite sanitised. I tell the truth in the posts, but maybe not the "whole truth"...
So some true confessions:
- My house is a mess. It ranges from a bit messy (the type you can say "excuse the mess" if anyone drops over and only feel a bit embarrassed) to 'kick a path through the room' messy (where you feel mortified if anyone drops over). Anyone who knows me personally - please give me notice before you come over :) I've tried heaps of things including Flylady - I've been on Flylady lists from when there were only a couple of hundred people - and everything only works for a short time. Although I do remember a time in 2002 when it was tidy - that's when I was on maternity leave and nesting :)
I've quite recently come to the conclusion that it's unlikely to change - at least in the near future. Housework is obviously not a priority with me or one of the schemes would have clicked. I have a good handle on the laundry, and the dishes get washed on a regular basis, my bed is made every day - as for the mess, well it gets tidied when I can't stand it anymore. It obviously doesn't bother anyone else in the family, and if it does, well, they're quite welcome to clean it themselves...
- I'm not a "natural mother". I don't seem to have that mothering instinct that some women do. I don't get clucky around babies, or want to cuddle them when I see them. It's hard work for me. I need a lot of alone time. I don't know how I'd cope if I had another child.
- I'm quite a serious person. I'm not the life of the party. I don't enjoy playing games or being silly. I'm very self-conscious when I do. I do like watching comedy (mainly British) but I'm not into 'Funniest Home video' style or American sitcom humour. I have a very dry sense of humour (almost black) that many people don't get so it stays hidden a lot.
- I think I like reading about gardening and self-sufficiency far more than I like actually doing it. I'm not an outdoors person which kind of makes the gardening bit hard :) I'd prefer to sit down and read a book..
- I've just realised for a blog called 'Kez's Blog' there's not really that much about me in it!