Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I really didn't need this..

As if I didn't have enough to do... The webhost I use to host most of my client's websites seems to have vanished into thin air. I only have an email or fax no for them (they're a small 2 man business) - I'm not receiving replies from any emails to them, including ones I sent before we went away. I even sent them one on Sunday asking if they were still in business and received no reply...

SOOOOO...

That means that I have to assume they're defunct and transfer all of the existing sites across to a new webhost, test them, make sure everything works the way it used to & wrestle with any issues that arise. And I need to do it ASAP - their servers are up and running now, but I'm scared that if they go down there will be no one there to turn them back on.

And if they're not defunct, they soon will be by not answering their support emails!

(And did I mention I have to fit this in around other scheduled work - and of course I don't get paid for it...)

2 comments:

Minni Mum said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Boy, you've got a fun day in store (not). Bummer.

Anonymous said...

I did wonder why you were doing it! Now I know! Sorry that you've come back to that.

Oh and welcome home.
xx