Wednesday, May 09, 2012

111 and out

Anyone who is a cricket fan can tell you that 111 is an unlucky score.  (Just a disclaimer, I'm not a cricket fan - I am just married to one so knowledge comes to me by osmosis!)

Well, it proved unlucky to me.  111 days in a row of exercising AND writing.  Then came the weekend.  I didn't exercise at such - I soothed my guilt by saying that I was hard at work at the camp and walking lots etc etc.  I'm good at justifying...  I may have let myself get away with it too, except I didn't write either.  I tried the 'but I thought about the plot' justification, but I was feeling harsh and wouldn't let myself off the hook.

So the streak has been broken.

Unfortunately, since then I've found it hard to start again.  The streak is broken.  I don't have to prove anything.  I can take a couple of days off.  I deserve a break - just like I deserved that chocolate I just ate! (See, told you I was good at justifying..)

I need kickstarting again.

The fact that I have 10 days left before my next writer's meeting and 7,906 words to write in that time to meet my goal isn't even enough to work yet.  I can see me wearing the hat of shame at the next meeting...

Butt-kicking welcome :)

6 comments:

Butterfly said...

Stop reading blogs and comments and start writing. You know it works ... start with a word ... just DO IT :)

Get those ideas onto paper from the weekend. Write rubbish. Just write.

I talk about writing and write about writing ... but you actually do write. So go on.

Write, right now.

Love, V.

Butterfly said...

Whatever works ... imagine Sensei telling you to write now ... are you going to argue with him?

Writing must hurt less than that kind of workout!!

Suji said...

Everything Butterfly says. :) No butt kicking, just hugs. You actually achieved something for 111 days. How about looking at it that way and then trying to focus on increasing that number to 112 and so on? Keep a numeric target in mind?

Libby said...

Wow - I'm impressed on both counts. 111 days is amazing. Don't be so hard on yourself. Dust yourself off, and like Suji says, start again and aim for at least 112 days. If you did it once you can do it again.

jugglingpaynes said...

You've been denying yourself chocolate? Why? I recently read a report that people who allow themselves a small bit of chocolate regularly have greater success at losing weight. It sounds counter-intuitive, but if you consider that you are more likely to reach for substitutes (at least, I am) and eat more calories, why not eat what you crave and be finished? I suggest small amounts, like chocolate chips, of the best chocolate you can find. If you are going to eat chocolate, go for quality. ;o)

You were one of the bloggers who inspired me to really get back into exercising regularly. Yesterday I ran for 45 minutes. I never did that before. Ever. You are doing fine. You wrote this post, so I think you are still writing. As for exercise, just get up and move! I would count the walking at camp. Why not? Walking is the best! Just don't eat while your walking. :o)

Peace and Laughter!

jugglingpaynes said...

P.S.: Please ignore the "your". I meant "you're". I always have homophone problems when I'm tired. :oP