Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What day is it again?

I'm sitting here rather discombobulated at the moment.  I've got that 'post-holiday' confusion.  Not that I've really been on holidays as such, but I have been away from home for 4 days.

Friday and Saturday I had a committee meeting with the RWA down in Sydney - we started with a meeting at 4-6pm with some external people, then had committee business from 6:30 - 9ish, then up again the next morning to meet 8:30am - 9pm.  (With quick breaks for meals).  It was very full-on, a packed agenda, but we achieved quite a lot.

I stayed down in Sydney on Sunday, with Pete & Billy coming down to join me.  On Monday we went to the Powerhouse Museum and the Harry Potter exhibition!  It was quite busy but well organised so that the crowd flowed well.  We were able to look at everything without having to wait too long.  Unfortunately you couldn't take photos inside but there are some on the official site linked above.



We spent a couple of hours wandering around the Powerhouse museum before our time slot for Harry, so we got to examine steam machinery:



Do some hands on experimenting:


Look at an exhibition on shopping in Australia in the 1880s - 1930s (tying in nicely with our Australian history focus this year):



Revisit the space exhibition:


And have heaps of hands-on fun in the experimentation section:

 

Then it was home in time to get to cubs for more fun - billy carts!



So right at this moment, I'm sitting here wondering what day it is, where I'm supposed to be, and how do I start catching up on the hundreds of unread emails in my inbox?!

2 comments:

Diverse said...

TIR Optics
Thanks buddy.I am searching this list since so many times .
for more information about Precision Optics, Polymer Optics, Custom Optics, Polymer Micro Optics, Plastic Micro Optics please visit http://www.diverseoptics.com

TradingComputersnow said...

awesome blog
your blog information is very nice please update your blog at proper time . really nice post


thanks & regard
Trading Computers