- Billy attended a district wide Cuboree (approx 600 kids in attendance) which had a Medieval theme. Activities included water activities, old-fashioned games, chariot racing, flying fox & rock-climbing, crafts etc.
- Rehearsals have been full on for Peter Pan (Billy is playing Curly, a Lost Boy) with several rehearsals each week.
- His drama class gave an end of term performance that they'd written themselves
- He's been learning more about special effects with Sony Vegas video editing software and a green screen.
- Australian history
- We continued our reading of Thomas Appleby - Convict Boy by Jackie French
- He watched Brain Pop movies on the WWII, Queen Elizabeth I, 9/11 and the US Constitution
- He watched a school show called 'Maths Shorts' covering Phi and Fibonacci numbers
- He watched a Cyberchase episode on budgeting
- He watched a Brainpop movie on stocks and shares
- We discovered an awesome addictive app called DragonBox with teaches algebra using puzzles
- We watched a documentary on the history of numbers called The Story of One
- He's been doing hands-on maths with measuring while cooking
Science & Technology
- We watched Backyard Science TV show
- He did some Java Minecraft mod programming
- He watched a Happy Scientist video on how to tell the gender of a skeleton
- It was Natural Disaster month on BrainPop - videos he's watched (and done the quiz) have included - tides, ageing, tectonic plates, ozone layer, winds, Neptune, hurricanes, the heart, digital animation, computer history and computer viruses.
- He watched a BrainPop movie about plagiarism
- He wrote a thank you letter and we discussed how it should be set out
- We've been playing a never-ending game of Scrabble!
- Billy watched a TV show called My Great Big Adventure about finding our identity
- He's taken part in archery and martial arts
As well as plenty of time spent hanging out with friends and family