Next month I hope to have more photos - my new camera should arrive this week which hopefully won't take blurry photos!
- Billy went on a Cub camp with a 'Mad Scientist' theme. They had different bases learning about things such as the human body, chemical reactions, safety gear etc. Oh and playing with goop!
- Lots of movie making and editing - he and a couple of drama friends are making a zombie movie together. They spent 4 hours filming one afternoon - and that's just Part 1!
- The usual drama classes. They're working towards a small performance for families and friends in a couple of weeks time.
- Billy has taken up singing lessons by request and has been enjoying those.
- Australian History
- We're reading "The Girl from Snowy River" by Jackie French set in the 1920s.
- Looked at a display of Aborginal artifiacts at East Maitland library
- As part of his Cubs International Culture badge, he's learning about Maori legends, tribes, place names, culture, weapons etc.
- He continued using the Mathletics curriculum.
- Real-life use of Maths in cooking
- He's been busy with logic puzzles
- Watched a video about Chaos theory
Science & Technology
- Watched episodes of Scope
- Set up a Minecraft Server hosting website and billing system
- Mad Scientist theme Cub Camp - including growing a Hairy Head
- Watched the Solar eclipse (safely through the glasses we got from the Transit of Venus viewing)
- Had a go at a 3D game maker called Unity 3D
- He participated in a 2 day writing workshop run through Maitland Library - he's writing a story for the Write Now competition
- Did the Skwirk section on literary description text type
- We read the poem, The Man from Snowy River
- AFL / AFL training
- Mt Sugarloaf practice hike
As well as plenty of time spent hanging out with friends and family.