- Billy completed his local history badge.
- One of the dads brought along some frames from his bee hive one night and showed the kids how they extracted the honey. I'd never seen it done before, so I was equally as interested as they were! (In truth, maybe more so!) The kids all got to take home a sample of honey.
- Drama classes - they've been doing clowning this term. Some of the exercises I've seen them do involve impromptu acts - for eg they choose a dress up item, create a clown persona around that and then have to be interviewed about their clown character. Amazing stuff :)
- Billy has also has his keyboard out, teaching himself Jingle Bells and creating music for his videos
- Australian history
- We finished reading Daughter of the Regiment by Jackie French
- We read Valley of Gold by Jackie French
- Billy researched the Gold Rush for his history badge, as well as researching some local history
- He followed the US election.
- He watched lots of Brain Pop movies - I'm not sure what they were all about but I know some were about the American Indians
- He watched Cyberchase episodes
- He played Times Attack and we did more on the times tables from the Awesome Arithmetricks book
Science & Technology
- He's been doing more Java programming in Minecraft
- We watched a BTN Health special - discussing diabetes, vision and how sunscreen works
- He's continuing Italian lessons - clothing, vegetables and time.
- He's taken part in archery and martial arts
As well as plenty of time spent hanging out with friends and family, cooking etc.