|'Codes and signals' themed cub camp - learning morse code, semaphore, braille, phonetic alphabet etc|
|Aboriginal and folk stories from around the world|
|First aid, healthy eating (planning a healthy weekend menu) and road safety|
- Learnt about Ancient Roman life - gladiators, the Colosseum, day-to-day life in a Villa.
- We used:
- a kit called Treasure Trove of an Ancient Roman Child to read about the life of a roman child.
- Google Earth to look at the inside of the Colosseum now
- a minecraft map that Billy downloaded to explore a Roman Villa, identifiying the uses of each room, and the Colosseum.
- We watched an amusing BBC video by Terry Jones (ex Monty Python) to learn how gladiators trained and fought.
- Billy's been continuing to create plugins and mods for Minecraft using Java.
- He's made a Minecraft music video using various video editing software like Corel VideoStudio, and music editing software Audacity.
- He's finally filmed the first episode of a YouTube series that's been in the planning phase for months. This has involved writing the script, rehearsing, filming using Fraps, editing using VideoStudio and finding Creative Rights music.
- Working through the Murderous Maths book 'Awesome Arithmetricks'
- Multi-column addition with carrying
- Learning some times tables tricks (3 times & 7 times tables) from the Right Brain Maths site.
|Waterwatch homeschool excursion|
|Viewing of the 'super moon' by telescope|
- Finished Peter Pan
- Started reading Book 1 of the Rangers Apprentice series - The Ruins of Gorlan.
- Listening to the Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz
As well as the usual:
- martial arts, circus, archery and AFL
- time spent hanging out with friends
- drama & recording movies with friends (some of which make it to his YouTube channel)