Sunday, August 30, 2009

Classics (and more) book list

This is an ongoing list of books that I want to read (or re-read) - I'll keep updating it as I think of others, and strike off what I've read (in yellow).

I've sorted it into some sort of categories now to keep track a bit better.

Classics
  • To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee (July 2009)
  • 1984 – George Orwell (Sept 2009)
  • Animal Farm – George Orwell (Aug 2009)
  • Homage to Catalonia - George Orwell
  • Shakespeare’s plays
  • Walden – Thoreau
Biographies / Autobiographies
  • A Fortunate Life by A.B.Facey (Sept 2009)
  • Kings in Grass Castles by Mary Durack (Jan 2010)
  • We of the Never Never / The Little Black Princess (Jan 2010)
  • Mockingbird : a portrait of Harper Lee
  • Bbiography on CS Lewis

Non-fiction
  • The Future Eaters by Tim Flannery
  • A short history of nearly everything – Bill Bryson
  • A Brief History of Time? – Stephen Hawking


Kids / Young Adult

  • Z for Zachariah - Robert C. O'Brien (Aug 2009)
  • Tom Appleby, Convict Boy by Jackie French (Sep 2009)
  • Harry Potter series – JK Rowling
  • Playing Beattie Bow – Ruth Park
  • Narnia series
  • Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling


Historical

  • A little history of the world by E.H. Gombrich (Aug 2009)
Australian history

  • Poor Man’s Orange series – Ruth Park

Fiction that makes me think

  • Life of Pi by Yann Martel (Dec 2009)
Please feel free to suggest any books you consider must-reads.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm looking forward to re-reading quite a bit of Shakespeare this year as I teach my son about the Middle Ages and Renaissance!

Harry Potter is definitely a classic. ;)

Dana said...

Great list! Several of those are on my list too...Narnia, Shakespeare, Harry Potter series...

Enjoy!

Suji said...

Great list Kerrie! I read Life of Pi by Yann Martel earlier this year and loved it. And also, The Egyptologist by Arthur Phillips.

Hope to write to you later on when I have a minute...still catching up with all my chores for the week right now :P