Cubs / Scouts 'Curriculum':
|Test-driving the hoses at the Rural Fire Service|
|On the fire trucks|
- Billy has been transitioning to Scouts this last month so he's been attending both Cub and Scout meetings. He's now officially finished as a Cub.
- He successfully led his Grey Wolf hike
- He completed his International Culture badge looking at the Maori culture.
- Other activities have included: a trip to a Rural Fire Station, map & compass work, geocaching, knots, learning about latitudes, longitudes and the circumference of the earth. Also took part in phone book deliveries with Scouts for fundraising.
- Part 2 of the Zombie movie. He's busy editing it now.
- The usual drama classes. Plus Drama class presentation to family & friends.
- Singing lessons
- Australian History
- We finished reading "The Girl from Snowy River" by Jackie French set in the 1920s.
- We're now reading "A Waltz for Matilda" by Jackie French (the previous book in the series)
- As part of his Cubs International Culture badge, he did a Maori drawing using ochre, and made a replica bird spear and model of club.
- Avidly followed the leadership spill in politics.
- He continued using the Mathletics curriculum.
- Real-life use of Maths in cooking
- Created animations using Mine-imator (3d animation software for Minecraft)
- Learnt how to create animated gifs using Photoshop
- Learnt various Photoshop techniques
- Looked at the Supermoon and learnt more about it.
- Finished his story and submitted it for the Write Now competition
- Reading "Macbeth and son" by Jackie French, based around the possible history of Shakespeare's Macbeth.
- AFL / AFL training
- Mt Sugarloaf hike
As well as plenty of time spent hanging out with friends and family.