- At cubs, they've been busy doing lots of "cub-related" things - promise and law activities and cub traditions, as well as playing lots of games.
- They had to take their favourite book along to show the rest of the pack and talk about it. Billy chose one of the books from the Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz.
- Drama classes. He's been hanging out for drama to go back for the year!
- Movie making, green screening and made a film dolly using his skateboard :)
- Visit to the art gallery and trying still life drawing.
- Australian history
- Billy listened to the audio book of "A Rose for the ANZAC Boys" by Jackie French.
- We've been reading "Rotters & Squatters" by Jackie French
- He's been researching Maori tribes and legends for his International Culture badge at Cubs.
- We read the legend of Odysseus blinding the Cyclops.
- We're reading "Pennies for Hitler" by Jackie French
- He watched lots of Brain Pop movies - the focus this month has been on American Presidents.
- He's watched BTN and BTN Specials
- We continued reading Awesome Arithmetricks and played many games of "Assassins" - a multiplication card game from the book, to practice times tables.
Science & Technology
- Made Gummy Bears to explore the science behind gelatin.
- We watched the Richard Hammond Engineering Connections Series 2 videos
- More Java mod programming for Minecraft
- Watched episodes of Scope
- Watched Science videos on the One Minute Physics YouTube channel
- He's started back at Italian lessons, plus has been watching La Mappa Misteriosa.
- He wrote a letter to a penpal in American for cubs.
- Has been reading "How the Aliens from Alpha Centauri Invaded My Math Class and Turned Me Into a Writer: And How You Can Be One Too" by Jackie French
- Reading various Alex Rider books
- Learnt more about similes, metaphors and themes
- He's taken part in archery and martial arts.
- AFL training has started back.
- Watched "My Great Big Adventure" on the ABC school shows
- Participated in various events at the Homeschool area swimming carnival.
As well as plenty of time spent hanging out with friends and family, cooking etc. He's really getting into cooking lately and his skills are improving tremendously. He's making a lot of things without help or with only minimal supervision.