- Billy wasn't at Cubs much in July due to us being away and clashes with Peter Pan rehearsals. When he was there, they worked on codes and Promise & Law activities.
- Rehearsals are well underway for Peter Pan (Billy is playing Curly, a Lost Boy) with it ramping up to several rehearsals each week.
- He's made a green screen using cardboard and has been playing around with green-screening special effects and other video techniques using video editing software.
- He's been watching a youTube series called Film Riot to learn more video editing & filming techniques.
- We visited both the Archibald Prize exhibition and the Walkley Press Photography Award Exhibition.
|Archibald Prize exhibition|
|Walkley Press Photography exhibition|
- Australian history
- He watched a Brain Pop movie on the bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima and we discussed it.
- We're working through the Murderous Maths book 'Awesome Arithmetricks' as our maths 'spine'
- Topics covered included subtraction with borrowing.
- He's been testing his addition skills using a MathEd tablet app game.
Science & Technology
- We visited the hands-on Science section at Newcastle Museum.
- He's watched BrainPop movies about bacteria, atoms, gravity and the phases of the moon
- He's worked with RPG Game Maker and video editing software & green-screening techniques
- We visited Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and Sea World.
|One of many native Australian animals at the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary|
|Little Penguin feeding at Sea World|
- Discussion of synonyms
- BrainPop movie about the book Frankenstein, Mary Shelly and the Romanticism era
- Billy did a High Ropes challenge course on the Gold Coast
As well as the usual:
- martial arts, circus, archery and AFL (AFL has now finished for the year)
- time spent hanging out with friends and family