Once again, I'm amazed at how much we pack into a month! So here's Billy's March...
March has involved days out:
|Media studies - Harry Potter exhibition|
|A water-pistol day (in the rain!)|
|Another nerf day.|
And learning new skills:
Cubs has provided plenty of fun and learning opportunities:
|Clean Up Australia day|
|Making a Jungle book resource and running the game on the pack night|
Weekly activities are back into full swing - dragons martial arts, archery and drama. Footy training has started back, with a trial game today.
We're focusing on a few areas this year as far as 'intentional learning' goes:
- Watched an episode of My Place series 2
- Viewed an exhibition at the Powerhouse Museum about shopping in the 1800s.
- We're reading a couple of great books by Jackie French:
- Billy's been continuing to change his plugins for Minecraft using Java.
- He's been learning how to use 3D animation software called Blender.
- Watching Cyberchase for maths concepts, and playing the Cyberchase Quest online
- Life maths like measuring (cooking), budgeting
- Building scale models using Minecraft - he's currently using our house plans and Google Earth to build a scale model of our house.
- Watching Backyard Science and Scope
- Reading George and the Big Bang by Lucy & Stephen Hawking
- Trip to the Powerhouse Museum - hands-on exhibitions on steam, experiments and space
- Built an LED clock using a kit
- Reviewing particles in matter - how solids, liquids and gases move. Triggered by this video demonstrating the 3 states of matter using Minecraft.
- Finished the 1st Deltora Quest series by Emily Rodda
- Started Peter Pan