Sunday, February 19, 2012

Maitland Show

We met my parents and niece over at the local show today.  Despite being hot, we had an enjoyable couple of hours wandering around.

We looked at the handiwork displays first - photography, sculpture and artwork exhibitions - and the produce displays.  Sadly, these are much smaller than they used to be when I was a kid.

This platypus was my favourite sculpture.

Talented artists

The agricultural display - those are some big pumpkins!

Display of old photos from the local area.

There were the usual rides and food stalls.

The clowns have a special memory for me - I think it was the only thing we could afford to go on as kids.  Now however, it was $5 / game!

Greasy show food (with a strangely phallic looking pluto pup).

And the ever-popular dodgem cars!

There were lots of other rides, but I didn't take photos of them.

They also had a free circus - we weren't expecting a lot from it, but it was surprisingly pretty good.  It seemed to be a small, family run circus - the young boy in the last 2 photos looked to be about 12.  Very impressive!












2 comments:

Libby said...

Looks like a fun day out. We have a wollongong show but I've never been. I've heard of the Ashton circus so they must come down here as well.

Caz said...

That looks like a blast! LOL @ your pluto pup comment ;)