Sunday, October 30, 2011

What a busy week!

It feels like a month has past since the last blog post I wrote - but when I looked, its only a bit over a week!  Admittedly it was a very busy week...

First up we dealt with a gastro / flu bug that slowly worked its way through the whole family.  I was the first to succumb and took a couple of days to recover, fortunately it then waited a day or two until it hit Billy...  Then Pete came down with it on Friday.

In the midst of that, I'd offered to help my FIL with the accounts of an organisation he's involved in, after their treasurer left them in the lurch and tax paperwork was due last week.  That took up way more time than I'd anticipated but its done now.

What else?  Oh, we got family photos taken for my Mum's b'day.  The last time we had a family photo taken, I was 18!  My eldest niece is now older than that :)  So my nieces, sister, parents, Billy & I had a photo shoot done by a friend of mine - the very talented Melissa at EWI photography!  I've had a sneak peek of some of the photos, and can't wait to see the rest.  (Pete was sick, so we have to get some more taken with just Billy, me and him - it was too hard to co-ordinate another time when all the families would be available!)



Pete and I went down to Sydney on Friday for a work exhibition show - seminars on the Internet and access via mobile devices etc.  We stayed overnight in a lovely room with Harbour "glimpses".



On Saturday, we went to watch Bell Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.  It wasn't the worst I've seen, but it certainly wasn't the best.  The acting was strong, but some of the stage direction left me a little bemused.  And at two hours without a lot of action, I had to fight the urge for a nanna nap a couple of times :)  It was quite a relaxing weekend on the whole.


There was also a trip to the chiropractor, and the usual cubs, drama and archery.  And it was my birthday last week as well.  This was my present from the boys - a Sony e-reader, complete with funky case and its own light!


So definitely a week of ups and downs..  I'm hoping for a less "full-on" week next week!

9 comments:

Libby said...

Oh my goodness Kerrie - look at you! Wow - you have lost HEAPS of weight since I saw you in Jan. Not sure I would have recognised you :-).

Kez said...

Thanks - I've lost approx 7kg since March, and also toned up quite a lot.

Suji said...

Yes, you look amazing! :) Amazing e-reader too!

Amy said...

That was a busy week! Love that picture of the two of you!:-)

jugglingpaynes said...

You look great! You must be very proud about all the weight you've lost!

That's an interesting poster for Julius Caesar. It made me laugh. :o) But I don't think it could top the performance of Midsummer Night's Dream my husband and I saw in London twenty years ago. The whole thing was staged in what I can only describe as a giant wading pool and Puck was played by a Frenchwoman who we recognized as a contortionist from Cirque du Soleil. That was a strange show!

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina

Kez said...

lol Cristina - that would certainly be a memorable Midsummer Night's Dream :)

mum+dad=akira and linkin and elijah said...

Ouch! gastro sux.
Glad there were some ups to balance out your week.

Dove's Rest said...

Love the photo of the two of you

Enid Wilson said...

That's certainly very busy. I hope you have recovered and regained some energy.

My Darcy Vibrates…